If you need to file an extension, consider the following:
A few Local Governments will not accept any Extension request but their own form.
Failure to estimate and pay enough tax in a “timely” fashion with your extension will result in penalties and/or interest owed. An extension to file late is not an extension to pay late.
GSFS cannot provide Fax Back Service, Phone Consultation or Web Links for you to obtain Local Government extension forms and instructions.
If you complete your own extension, we need you to:
Upload to our shared folder at Box.com a copy of your Federal extension plus any applicable State/Local extension(s) plus proof of payment made with the extension(s).
Upload to our shared folder at Box.com (Portal) your tax information and organizers, no later than August 1, 2018, to assure timely completion of your tax return by October 15, 2018. In addition, the August 1, 2018, date is absolutely necessary for…
- the October 1, 2018, opening date to FAFSA file (2019-2020 school year), and
- the August 31, 2018, eligibility deadline for a current “refund” of Affordable Care Act Premium Tax Credit.
GSFS Price Policy For Completing Late Returns
All applicable tax information must be provided by August 1, 2018. Otherwise, GSFS reserves the right to impose a non-refundable and non-stated surcharge for all 2017 tax information submitted after August 1, 2018. With appropriate substantiation, the following exceptions will apply to the surcharge:
- Hospitalization of primary/secondary taxpayer or dependent on return, or
- Incapacitating Illness of primary/secondary taxpayer or dependent on return, or
- Death of primary/secondary taxpayer or dependent on return, or
- Missing tax information from Partnership/Trust/Estate/Corporation, or
- Health care surrogate obligations of primary/secondary taxpayer for another person.